WEBSITE

Be sure to visit our website at http://www.migisboutique.com/



OUR FAVORITE THINGS

Berry Berry good yogurt

Visalus (Vi-shake)

Training for races/compititions

Family

Ralph Lauren BLUE

Bandanas

tennis shoes

FAVORITE BOOKS

The Bible

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Radical by david Platt

Fasting by Jentzen franklin

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

Ginger - Jeremiah 29:11

Misti - Romans 8:28



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Identical twins but different sports!!

Hey friends!


We hope you have all had a great week!





We have had people ask us how we got in to "triathlons" and "fitness compitions" so we thought we'd share with you our story. :)





My story... (Ginger) Triathlete


Ive always been active and compititive growing up and Iwanted something to keep me that way even as a busy mom. I was a member of a gym and did regular step classes, spin classes etc but was looking for something to help drive me in to being more compititive. Not against others necessarily but to challenge myself.


In 2009 my Husband completed his first half ironman and I was totally inspired. I immediately said I want to do this! Well as it turned out God had different plans and I was thrilled to announce that baby #4 was on the way! That was a month after Chris's half ironman. I had sweet Luci Jett in MArch of 2010 and did my first triathlon in June and a few other small ones to finish up the summer.

I just completed my first triathlon of this year least weekend and it was lots of fun but really HOT! Im hooked and am now determined to up my training to be able to complete a half iron man in september. Wow... thats'll be here before I know it so gotta go add in some miles! :)

If you have any questions about races email me at gingerwartes@yahoo.com


My story... (Misti) Fitness compititor

Like Ginger, I too have always been compititive. Born that way Id guess you'd say! I loved the discipline it required and although it seemed as Ging and I were girly girls we both loved to sweat!

From the time I was a freshman in high school I was buying every fitness magazine, especially if Monica Brant was on the cover. She was my fitness icon! I also would watch my dad go to smoothie king every day and get his protein shake, come home and beast a workout out! He was so cool!.. I mean, eeehm eeehm, IS so cool! ;)

Last March I met Jon Marc at the gym. He approached me and said, " I want to train you" I immediately said , "when you want to start?"
After about 3 weeks of training he asked me to do a fitness compitition. I laughed and said NO WAYYY! Im way to shy and reserved for that. He let it go but only for about 2 more weeks and asked me again. This time I was really thinking about it because I realized how much I've always loved fitness and this would be something very challenging for me and I could do it compititively.

I started praying hard about it and had Gods approval and my husbands but unfortunately Im a people pleaser and needed to talk to all my closest friends about it. I had support from Most but not all. I had to learn that I needed to press on knowing in my heart that ultimately Gods approval along with Ti's support was all i really needed. I have to admit it still a battle for me and Ive also learned that I have to respect those that dont support it.

Its just another sport. Lots of cardio, lots of weight lifting and watching your diet an dof course lots of sweating! ;) So, it all goes back to im a little tomboy but still like to glam it up every now and then!!!

I just competed in my 3rd show where I placed 3rd. I qualified to compete nationally so Im deciding now which show will be my next! Ill keeo you all up to date...

God doesnt want us to stay just in our Christian bubble. He calls us to be a light for Him in a dark world and My prayer is that no matter what stage Im on, restaurant im in, my workplace etc, God will USE me for His GLORY!!!!!

For questions on competing email me at misti@bohbackpacks.com

Love , Ginger and Misti

Come see us this weekend at MiGis! We have lots and Lots of Cute things in!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio